KP had made a robot at home and he brought it in to show us. He had built it himself with some help from his dad. His name was Mecco. He was amazing, he could sing, dance, shake hands and even tell jokes. We were all amazed at what he could do. Well done KP!
In Maths-We have been solving problems using multiplication and division.
In Science we have looked at pollination.
In Geography we have been learning about volcanoes.
In English we have read some blurbs, planned a blurb and described a character and setting using adjectives.
In Spelling we have looked at the prefixes sub and anti.
We also tried to guess the name of the Royal baby. Unfortunately we didn’t guess the name correctly.
Our attendance this week was 99.6%
I have recently finished Gangsta Granny by David Walliams – which was a fantastic book, so have chosen to read another one his books. I have decided to read Mr Stink.
It all starts when Chloe makes friends with Mr Stink, the local tramp. Yes, he smells a bit. But when it looks like he might be driven out of town, Chloe decides to hide him in the garden shed.
Now Chloe’s got to make sure no one finds out her secret. And speaking of secrets, there just might be more to Mr Stink than meets the eye… or the nose.
Has anyone read this book? If so, did you enjoy it? Which was your favourite part? What mark out of 10 would you give it?
Can you guess what our new topic is??
What do you know about our new topic?
Please reply to let me know.
Happy Easter everyone! We have just finished a really busy term and you have worked extremely hard. Here are a few things that we did last term:
- In English, we continued to read the Egyptian Cinderella and then re wrote the end part of the story.
- In Maths, we have been looking at fractions, angles and drawing shapes including right angled triangles.
- In Science, we have been looking at the functions of the main part of the plant. We also planned and carried out an investigation to see if the roots absorb water. We placed sticks of celery in water that contained food colouring to see what would happen.
- In History, we looked at the gods that the Ancient Egyptians worshipped and we also looked at the mummification process in detail. We even wrote some instructions on how to mummify a body.
- We have also been trying really hard with our presentation and have tried to replicate our gold standard in all of our books.
I am already looking forward to the next term